Just a quick update since not too much is going on here and I have yet to download any basketball pics - look for them next week (if I am lucky!)
Last week Bill traveled to Canada for the second week in a row. This is how the week went.
Sunday - After church we were getting ready to go to Dublin to shop - Gracie says her tummy hurts and I check her out - FEVER.
Monday - Gracie stays home from school, still has fever. Kevin is complaining, but has no real symptoms - here is Mommy's rule - If you are not vomiting, do not have a fever or diarrhea then you have to try and go to school. I tell them at 10:00 if they still don't feel well to go to the nurse and I will come and pick them up. I use this several times a year and I have never gotten a call. Well, seriously 10:01 the phone rings - it's the nurse from Kev's school he is not feeling well come and pick him up. Okay, off I go. Daniel has a doctor appt not related to any of this, Bill has not left yet (tomorrow) so he has to come home and stay with G and K so I can take Daniel to the appt. When I get home Kevin now has a fever!
Tuesday - Kevin is vomiting with a fever, Gracie is screaming, Daniel is somewhere in the mix, I am yelling and Patrick is running to the neighbor's house to escape the chaos. So we have TV day #2 with Kevin and Gracie home. Kevin always has spiked a high fever and he had one all day long. By the end of the day it is clear that Gracie is going to go back to school on Wednesday - Thank the Lord.
Wednesday - Gracie is good, Kevin is still down (fever), Daniel is happy that Kevin is going to be home and he gets to watch TV, Patrick won't even get out of bed b/c he his throat hurt and he has a fever......
Thursday - Gracie is bouncing off the walls, Kevin wants to try and go to school, but he has a terrible cough. I give him some meds and send him off (remind him of Mommy's sick rule). Patrick is still has a fever. Daniel gets to go to pre-school and then watches TV with Patrick. Patrick seems better and I think he is going to go to school on Friday - I make plans, I am happy.
Friday - Kevin, Gracie, and Daniel are super. Patrick wakes up with a fever worse than he was yesterday and is home again. Kevin is still coughing so I opt to take him to the doctor (if you know me well you know that I rarely take the kids to the doctor - I usually let stuff run it's course) The coughing was just so bad. So we got some meds and headed him back to school and I go back to tending to Patrick (oh and letting Daniel watch more TV). I have to call the school and go and get this huge pile of homework for Patrick.(he is at the age when missing school matters). By the afternoon he is very worried that he is going to miss his last two basketball games on Saturday and is willing himself better. About 4pm I look at Daniel, gee, he doesn't look all that great. Guess what? FEVER! More TV! ARG! Oh and then Bill walks in! Yea Daddy is home.
Saturday morning - Patrick is bouncing off the walls b/c he wants to play b-ball, we agree that he has to skip the early game and he can play in the final game. Kevin has a game that Bill has to miss b/c I need to get out of the house - I'll take anything at this point, even a 10:30 b-ball game at the Y. Bill meets me after the game to coach Patrick's team. Daniel still has a low fever, but is walking. I let him lay on my lap so I can watch Patrick play his last game.
Sunday morning - I go to church will the three older ones and Bill stays home with Daniel - by the afternoon he was better and all is well..................................NO MORE FEVERS.
So there you have it.
Today is Thursday. Daniel is not feeling well again, but everyone else is fine. Bill is home and for the most part I am great! I am going to shopping with my good friend Jen this weekend - I just looking forward to getting out of the house ALONE.
That's all for now!
4 comments:
Did your kids have flu shots (or mist)?? I know you don't take them to the Dr, but wasn't sure if you did that... The fever plus cough has me questioning. I didn't know Kev had the cough.
I think Julie needs to read your blog. She can't WAIT to get #4 out. Yeah, WAY easier to take care of IN the womb, right Kim??? :)
Kev was actually tested for the flu when we went in for the cough. It was NEG.
No flu shots this year for us!
Oh, what's a few degrees among friends?
We've been pretty fortunate this year - only one missed school, though she missed it twice.
I know I feel like a heel when I'm away during a tough week; I trust my counterpart felt the same?
UGH! You all must have been exhausted from that. I'm glad to hear that everyone is better now!
Amanda
Post a Comment